By Sandra K. Anderson, BA, LMT, NCTMB (Eds.)
Be ready to reply to certification questions about shiatsu, and advance the abilities you will need to develop into a profitable practitioner! This accomplished, easy-to-use textbook covers foundational info and strategies, by means of extra advanced thought and perform. you will learn the way the channels (meridians) have an effect on consumers' wellbeing and fitness, tips on how to behavior tests, the best way to preserve right physique mechanics in the course of perform, the way to handle imbalances in all the 5 parts, and lots more and plenty extra. The accompanying DVD contains over ninety mins of video exhibiting particular functions defined within the ebook. Workbook-style routines and questions on the finish of every bankruptcy increase your realizing and retention of the cloth. A name within the Mosby's therapeutic massage profession improvement Series.
- Comprehensive textbook introduces you to the entire necessities of shiatsu, providing a whole historical past at the heritage of shiatsu, appropriate jap philosophies and Asian bodywork options, the channels (meridians), and correct physique mechanics.
- A separate conception and perform part explores a number of evaluate tools and the way to guage overview info, strategies and positions to handle imbalances in all the 5 parts, and complicated techniques.
- Includes the entire worthwhile studying gains you are expecting from a Mosby's therapeutic massage profession improvement sequence name, comparable to a colourful, full-color layout, bankruptcy outlines and studying ambitions, keyword phrases, workbook sections, and a better half DVD.
- Authored via a number one specialist and authorized practitioner with a historical past in shiatsu schooling and instruction.
- DVD packaged with the ebook includes over ninety mins of video displaying particular purposes and methods played by way of the writer, corresponding to qigong, easy shiatsu innovations, jitsu and kyo, easy kata, together with the hara suggestions, and a typical remedy session.
- Each video clip at the DVD is referenced within the textbook with numbered icons that direct you to specific clips at the DVD.
- Over 330 full-color illustrations visually signify innovations and techniques.
- Special quote containers interspersed all through each one bankruptcy, comprise strategies and proverbs from Buddha, Eleanor Roosevelt, the Dalai Lama, Helen Keller, and plenty of others.
Read Online or Download The Practice of Shiatsu PDF
Best alternative medicine books
" Jesse Dylan has attracted the main impressive, robust, and influential leaders within the different types that subject such a lot. it is brilliant-people will love this booklet! "~ Leeza Gibbons, tv and radio host "The knowledge and practices during this e-book will usher you right into a holistic lifestyle that helps your function at the planet-to flourish and glow as you convey your abilities, presents, and talents for the good thing about all beings.
The Kombucha tradition is fermented with candy tea to provide an bubbling drink, choked with supplementations, enzymes, minerals and natural acids. it is nice for enhancing the immune process and relieving the indicators of a number of health problems. Revised in line with readers' reviews, this multiplied version of Tietze's informative booklet provides easy-to-follow domestic brewing directions.
The Pocket Encyclopedia of therapeutic contact cures is a handy reference that may advisor you within the paintings of therapeutic your self and others via 136 of the simplest therapeutic contact strategies from reiki, reflexology, and acupressure. effortless to appreciate and instantly acceptable to daily overall healthiness issues, from migraines and dissatisfied belly, to nervousness and muscle aches, this advisor supplies readers a cheap, D.
- Leitfaden Qigong. Gesundheitsfördernde und therapeutische Übungen der chinesischen Medizin
- A manual of acupuncture
- The Cytology of Soft Tissue Tumours (Monographs in Clinical Cytology)
- Chinese Herbal Medicine - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for The Practice of Shiatsu
List the components of the Creation Cycle and explain how the Creation Cycle works. 4. Explain how the Control Cycle works. 5. Determine which of the Five Elements is personally predominant and explain why. 6. For each of the organ channels, list its functions, what it is related to in the body, what it symbolizes, its purposes according to traditional Chinese medicine, and whether it is Yin or Yang. 7. Describe the location of each organ channel on the body. 8. Palpate the location of each organ channel on the body.
The body is constantly being challenged by outside inﬂuences, such as pathogens, toxins, and mechanical injury. If the internal environment is out of equilibrium or the Defensive Qi is fragile, a person is at risk for the invasion of Wind, Cold, Heat, Summer Heat, Damp, and Dryness. These are also known as the Six Excesses. Each of these external conditions can then cause similar conditions internally. The internal expressions of climate can also arise if the Qi of certain organs is inadequate.
4. Explain how the Control Cycle works. 5. Determine which of the Five Elements is personally predominant and explain why. 6. For each of the organ channels, list its functions, what it is related to in the body, what it symbolizes, its purposes according to traditional Chinese medicine, and whether it is Yin or Yang. 7. Describe the location of each organ channel on the body. 8. Palpate the location of each organ channel on the body. 9. List and explain the functions of key classic tsubo for each organ channel.