By William M. Davis (auth.), Donald J. Higby M.D. (eds.)
Read or Download Issues in Supportive Care of Cancer Patients PDF
Similar cancer books
Within the mid 80's kind I and II enzymes have been stumbled on to be the intracellular ambitions of a few efficacious anticancer medicinal drugs akin to doxorubicin, mitoxantrone, etoposide and camptothecin because of a endured efforts of many investigators, particularly Leroy Liu and his collaborators at Johns Hopkins college.
A lot growth has been made in learning and constructing brokers that experience promise, or have already been effectively used, to regard precancerous stipulations or inhibit carcinogenesis. In melanoma Chemoprevention, quantity 1: Promising melanoma Chemopreventive brokers, major researchers within the discovery and improvement of chemopreventives comprehensively survey all features of those rising therapeutics.
Taken jointly the information offered during this evaluation, and paintings by means of many different investigators, aid the proposal that DNA excision fix is necessary in a tumor cell's resistance to platinum compounds. Inhibition of this fix process via blend chemotherapy with the excision fix inhibitors HU and Ara-C produces synergistic mobile kills and elevated degrees and persistance of DNA interstrand crosslinks.
This quantity specializes in defining the original attributes of utilizing the zebrafish melanoma version for locating vital pathways and power drug ambitions for the therapy of human cancers. utilizing the zebrafish version, the quantity explores oncogene and tumor suppressor discovery, chemical genetic ways, genomics, epigenetics, melanoma imaging, and mobilephone transplantation.
- Plastics, Rubber and Health
- The breast cancer pattern
- Immune-based Cancer Treatment: The T Iymphocyte Response
- Nanomedicine for Cancer Therapy: From Chemotherapeutic to Hyperthermia-Based Therapy
- Biopsy Interpretation of the Breast
- Autophagy and Cancer
Additional info for Issues in Supportive Care of Cancer Patients
1978. Production of a low molecular weight eosinophil polymorphonuclear leukocyte chemotactic factor by anaplastic squamous cell carcinoma of human lung. J Clin Invest 61: 770-780. 23. Wasserman S et al. 1979. Tumor associated eosinophilotactic factor. N Engl J Med 290: 420-424. 24. Goetzl EJ et al. 1980. A novel eosinophil chemotactic factor derived from a histiocytic lymphoma of the central nervous system. Clin Exp Immunol 40:249-255. 25. Muggia EM, Ghossein NA, Wohl H. 1973. Eosinophilia following radiation therapy.
1984. Augmentation of neutrophilic granulocyte progenitors in the bone marrow of mice with tumor induced neutrophilia: Cytochemical study of in vitro colonies. Blood 64: 499-506. 23 8. Takeda A et al. 1904. Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary with colony-stimulating-factor production. Cancer 54: 10 19-1023. 9. Burgess AW, Metcalf D. 1980. The nature and action of granulocyte-macrophage colonystimulating factors. Blood 56:947-958. 10. Barrett O. 1970. Monocytosis in malignant disease. Ann Intern Med 73:991-992.
39. Matamoros MC, Walker BK, Van Dyke K, Van Dyke CJ. 1983. Effect of cancer chemotherapeutic agents on the chemiluminescence of human granulocytes. Pharmacol 27: 2939. 40. Samak R, Edelstein R, Bogucki D, Samak M, Israel L. 1980. Testing the monocyte-macrophage system in human cancer. Biomedicine 32: 165-169. 41. Boetchu DA, Leonard EJ. 1974. Abnormal monocyte chemotactic response in cancer patients. J Nat! Cancer Inst 52: 1091-1099. 42. Snyderman R, Pike Me. 1976. An inhibitor of macrophage chemotaxis produced by neoplasms.