By Randolph A. Miller, Antoine Geissbuhler (auth.), Eta S. Berner EdD (eds.)
Read or Download Clinical Decision Support Systems: Theory and Practice PDF
Similar clinical books
This monograph goals to supply a survey of modern learn at the pathogenesis of hypertensive encephalopathy. Or, in different phrases, to narrate experimental effects on to a scientific challenge. i'm confident extremely important job of experimental clinical study is to discover purposes to the suitable scientific challenge once attainable, and to prevent distraction by means of an more and more over whelming accumulation of recent details from all fields of medical paintings.
The booklet describes the power of a sequence of endocrine-derived compounds, i. e. CHRH, LHRH, somatostatin, anti-androgens, and aromatase inhibitors to exert an immediate anti-neoplastic job or to potentiate the task of conventional chemotherapeutic brokers on neuroendocrine and reliable tumors. additionally, a brand new classification of powerful GH-releasers, GSHs/Ghrelin, endowed with very important endocrine and extra-endcocrine motion, is gifted.
Suicide is a resource of unending disquiet. one of many few deadly effects of psychiatric sickness, it's a chance to sufferers, and a vexation to therapists that places scientific judgment to the last word try. It arouses countertransference reactions of bizarre intensity-helplessness and guilt while the suicide is profitable; anxiousness and anger while it really is used as a manipulative device.
This quantity specializes in a number of facets of interleukin-27 (IL-27), specially its power for scientific functions. The authors speak about the downstream signaling from the IL-27 receptor and its molecular pursuits in immune cells together with Th1, Th2, Th17, Treg, Tr1, Tfh, B cells, DCs and macrophages. The inhibition of Th17 cells by way of IL-27 is essential for the upkeep of the feto-maternal tolerance and the prevention of lupus, a number of sclerosis, autoimmune uveitis, immune thrombocytopenia and atherosclerosis.
- Methods in Clinical Pharmacology: The proceedings of an International Symposium held in Frankfurt/M. 6–8 May 79
- World Medical Association Medical Ethics Manual
- How to Master the UKCAT: Over 750 Practice Questions for the United Kingdom Clinical Aptitude Test (Elite Students Series)
- Minimal Residual Disease in Melanoma: Biology, Detection and Clinical Relevance
Additional resources for Clinical Decision Support Systems: Theory and Practice
7. Miller RA, Masarie FE Jr. The quick medical reference (QMR) relationships function: description and evaluation of a simple, efficient "multiple diagnoses" algorithm. Medinfo 1992:512-518. 8. Miller RA, Masarie FE Jr. The demise of the "Greek Oracle" model for medical diagnosis systems. Methods Inf Med 1990; 29:1-2. 9. de Dombal FT, Leaper DJ, Horrocks JC et a1. Human and computeraided diagnosis of abdominal pain : further report with emphasis on performance of clinicians. Br Med J 1974; 1:376-380.
49. Gorry A. Strategies for computer-aided diagnosis. Math Biosci 1968; 2:293-318. 50. Pauker SG, Gorry GA, Kassirer JP et al. Towards the simulation of clinical cognition. Taking a present illness by computer. Am J Med 1976; 60:981-996. 51. Waxman HS, Worley WE. Computer-assisted adult medical diagnosis: subject review and evaluation of a new microcomputer-based system . Medicine 1990; 69:125-136. 52. Pople HE, Myers JD, Miller RA. DIALOG: A model of diagnostic logic for internal medicine. Proc Fourth Int Joint Conf Artif InteIl1975:848-855.
Miller and A. Geissbuhler In order to facilitate data exchange among local and remote programs, it is mandatory to have a lexicon or interlingua which facilitates accurate and reliable transfer of information among systems which have different internal vocabularies (data dictionaries). " LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES Proposals have been made for governmental agencies, such as the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which oversees medical devices,to regulate use of clinical software programs such as CDDSS.